, , , ,

No more talk of tile for a bit…

Time to catch up on a few items. I think I am done, for the most part, with staining. I’ve moved on to installing the trim in the living room. It’s slow going since I opted to avoid the nail gun to hang the trim. Because it’s all quartered oak, I was afraid it would split if I drove a nail into it, so I reverted to the old fashioned method–pre-drilling, nailing, and setting by hand. To top it off, I’m obsessive-compulsive about the joints, so I spend far too long (perhaps) trying to make it “just right”.

There are “crowns” for the door and window trim along with some egg-and-dart moulding, but I haven’t quite gotten to that yet.

All but three pieces of trim in this room will be newly made.